Tyler County Hospital
JOB TITLE: Housekeeping Aide
REPORTS TO: Environmental Services Director
JOB SUMMARY: The Housekeeping Aide will perform all duties pertaining to cleaning and sanitizing furnishings and areas assigned.
ESSENTIAL TASKS/DUTIES:(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
1. Cleans bathrooms and basins, rooms and hallways, windows, walls and doors.
2. Dusts, mops, vacuums, sweeps, waxes, buffs and disinfects.
3. Removes soiled linens.
4. Replaces sharps containers and properly disposes of full containers.
5. Empties waste receptacles and properly disposes of trash.
6. Distributes clean linen.
7. Assists with inventory of supplies.
8. Abides by safety instructions and Infection Control procedures.
1. High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
2. Must be able to read, write and follow written instructions.
3. Must be able to safely lift 50 pounds.
4. Must be able to safely push/pull carts which may weigh as much as 300 pounds.