Website Tyler County Hospital
- Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood or urine, using a microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases and enter findings into computer.
- Analyze the results of tests or experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical or electrical devices.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
- Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
- Examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Analyze and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs, or narratives.
- Draws and processes patient samples.
- Runs all tests, to include CBC’s, Chemistries, Kit tests, Coagulation tests, Urinalyses, and Blood Bank.
- Processes and properly distributes reports.
- Implements quality control procedures.
- Engages in troubleshooting techniques when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have an Associate degree in Science.
- Must have and maintain registration as an MLT, ASCP or equivalent and/or
- Must be qualified according to CLIA guidelines.
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn and apply technical procedures involved in Laboratory testing.
To apply for this job please visit www.tchospital.us.