Website Tyler County Hospital
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician will perform all duties, as directed, with regard to installation, maintenance, and repair functions of all hospital buildings, equipment and grounds.
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
- Installs, repairs, maintains and removes all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and refrigeration equipment and systems.
- Assembles and disassembles equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Engages in construction, maintenance, paint, and repairs to buildings, structures, walls, ceilings, doors, partitions, and cabinets.
- Works within safety guidelines and infection control procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must demonstrate some abilities related to tasks involving equipment repair, electricity, mechanics, plumbing, carpentry and refrigeration.
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to comply with written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to safely lift as much as 50 pounds, and to push/pull mobile loads weighing as much as 300 pounds.