Tyler County Hospital
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer/COO
JOB SUMMARY: Under direction of the Laboratory Technical Supervisor and the Physician Medical Director, the Laboratory General Supervisor will plan, direct, and manage all laboratory services, and will supervise all laboratory personnel.
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
Ensures compliance with all applicable, standards, laws, and regulations.
- Supervises all laboratory personnel and oversees all laboratory functions.
- Performs or arranges for all needed equipment maintenance and/or calibration.
- Manages and/or maintains an appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Directs and/or performs all appropriately needed laboratory services.
- Directs and/or performs all functions related to record/document storage, maintenance, and distribution.
- Must have an Associate Degree in a field of science.
- Must have and maintain registration as an MLT, ASCP or equivalent.
- Must be qualified for the position according it CLIA guidelines.
- Must have at least two years experience as technician in a hospital laboratory.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.