Website Tyler County Hospital
TYLER COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: Cook
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Nutritional Services
JOB SUMMARY: The Cook will recommend and prepare assist with the menu items, will assist with the requisition of food and supplies, and will operate and maintain kitchen equipment.
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
- Stocks the cafeteria with eating, serving, and cooking utensils, equipment, and supplies.
- Plans cooking schedules and prepares food in standardized recipes, as well as for specialized dietary
- Operates, cleans and maintains cooking equipment.
- Advises department director of needed equipment maintenance.
- Serves food to patients and customers.
- Attends to the cash register and the charge book.
- Prepare, season, cook and serve assigned meals.
- In the absence of the Dietary Supervisor, checks and inspects food products and supplies and food products.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience of one year with institutional food preparation is preferred.
- Must possess the ability and the willingness to comprehend and comply with written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds, and to push/pull carts which may weigh as much as 100 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.tchospital.us.