Tyler County Hospital
JOB TITLE: Clinic Licensed Vocational Nurse / Medical Assistant
REPORTS TO: Clinic Office Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the physician, the Clinic LVN / MA will provide assessment of, planning for, documentation on, implementation and evaluation of care for each assigned patient.
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
- Ensures appropriate order of appointment and patient flow.
- Monitors and expedites diagnostic testing.
- Provides basic patient assessments and reports unusual results to the physician.
- Appropriately interacts with and provides instruction to patients and family members according to providers’ orders.
- Administers medications according to physician’s instructions and clinic procedure.
- Performs basic nursing skills and prepares documentation consistent care plans, physician instructions, and established procedures.
- Attends to medical records and referrals as needed or as directed.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have and maintain a current Licensed Vocational Nurse license issued by the State of Texas, or current MA certification.
- Must obtain CME’s required to keep license / certification current.
- Must have and maintain a current CPR certification.
- Must demonstrate the ability to engage in effective verbal and written communication.