Website Tyler County Hospital
JOB TITLE: Certified Nursing Assistant
REPORTS TO: RN Charge Nurse
JOB SUMMARY: The Certified Nursing Assistant will, under the supervision of the licensed nursing staff, assist in patient nursing care, in preparation of documents and records, and in maintaining a clean nursing environment
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
1. Performs all aspects of personal care according to patient needs.
2. Keeps the patient area clean and neat, and answers call lights promptly.
3. As directed, assists with and performs procedures consistent with the care plan.
4. As directed, assists with recording and maintaining documents.
5. Assists with ambulation and in the transporting of patients.
6. Reports all important observations and changes to appropriate licensed personnel.
1. Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have and maintain a current Nurse Aide/ Assistant Certification issued by the State of Texas – or –
3. Must be at least three months involved a current LVN or RN nursing program
4. Must have and maintain other current required certifications.
5. Must demonstrate the ability to engage in effective verbal and written communication.