Admission Clerk, PRN - 12 hour shift
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
- Performs all assigned tasks related to admitting patients.
- Performs all assigned tasks related to discharging patients.
- Performs functions related to Laboratory, Radiology, and Respiratory services.
- Verifies private insurance; collects deductible and co-payment amounts; and secures pre-certifications, referrals and authorizations.
- Verifies Workers’ Compensation, Medicare and Medicaid coverage.
- Performs information desk functions, and screens and directs in-coming telephone calls.
- Maintains reconcilable balance in the cash drawer.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must have a good working knowledge of desk-top computers and common office equipment.
- Must demonstrate acceptable spelling and grammatical skills, and good interpersonal skills.
- Office experience of at least one year in a similar field is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to comply with written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to multi-task and to safely walk, sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach and lift.