PRN Admissions Clerk - 12 hour shift
The Admissions Clerk will perform all clerical duties related to admitting and discharging inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients; as well handling incoming telephone calls.
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
12 hour shift
1. Performs all assigned tasks related to admitting patients.
2. Performs all assigned tasks related to discharging patients.
3. Performs functions related to Laboratory, Radiology, and Respiratory services.
4. Verifies private insurance; collects deductible and co-payment amounts; and secures
pre-certifications, referrals and authorizations.
5. Verifies Workers’ Compensation, Medicare and Medicaid coverage.
6. Performs information desk functions, and screens and directs in-coming telephone calls.
7. Maintains reconcilable balance in the cash drawer.
1. High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
2. Must have a good working knowledge of desk-top computers and common office
3. Must demonstrate acceptable spelling and grammatical skills, and good interpersonal
4. Office experience of at least one year in a similar field is preferred.
5. Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to comply with written and verbal
6. Must be able to multi-task and to safely walk, sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach and lift.