Dietary Cook FT
TYLER COUNTY HOSPITAL DISTRICT
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Nutritional Services
JOB SUMMARY: The Cook will recommend and prepare assist with the menu items, will assist with the requisition of food and supplies, and will operate and maintain kitchen equipment.
(This list is a succinct summary of core duties only. Other tasks will be assigned)
- Stocks the cafeteria with eating, serving, and cooking utensils, equipment and supplies.
- Plans cooking schedules and prepares food in standardized recipes, as well as for specialized dietary
- Operates, cleans and maintains cooking equipment.
- Advises department director of needed equipment maintenance.
- Serves food to patients and customers.
- Attends to the cash register and the charge book.
- Prepare, season, cook and serve assigned meals.
- In the absence of the Dietary Supervisor, checks and inspects food products and supplies and food products.
Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience of one year with institutional food preparation is preferred.
Must possess the ability and the willingness to comprehend and comply with written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds, and to push/pull carts which may weigh as much as 100 pounds.